January 13, 2021
January 13, 2021
- When a worker receives a pay rate update, as soon as the worker acknowledges their pay update, all Account Managers assigned to the company will now see a “Pay Rate Adjustments” saved view on their Engagements page and a task in SN.
- The completion of talent profile is important in maintaining the quality of Talent Pool in SN. We’ve added a progress indicator to guide and encourage talent to complete their profile!
- Users can now bulk update engagements from different import sources. On the Bulk Update Engagement Details form, if the selected engagements are from different import sources, all the fields that can be bulk updated for those engagements will be displayed at the top. The fields that cannot be bulk updated together will be grayed out at the bottom.
- A worker has the “right to be forgotten.” When an inactive worker requests to have their personal information deleted in SN, we now have a deactivation feature (exclusive to Super Users only) to remove worker personal data.
- We’ve updated the rate for ACA benefits from $18 to $17. Workers earning $17 or less per hour will see the “2021 Benefits Brochure – ACA Package” on their dashboard under the Engagements page.
- A company requested for the Classification and Source fields to be hidden when creating a tracked worker in SN. When pushing the tracked worker engagement info from SN to Workday for this company, the Classification value will default to “SOW” and the Source value will default to “Tracked-Internal.”
- Vendor users can now retract and resubmit their candidates with a new pay rate. The new pay rate will be reflected on the candidate dashboard.
- If the worksite is Remote, the Remote State is a required field. Offers can no longer be sent if the Remote State is missing for remote engagements. The bulk import Onboarded Workers template will also require a Remote State if the worksite is Remote.
- Offers sent through the bulk import feature were missing a value for the Type column on the Engagements page. This has been fixed. If engagements are from the bulk import Onboarded Workers feature, the Type will automatically be Payrolled.
- When sending a payrolled offer from a VMS order, users can now enter a Pay Rate and successfully send the offer.
- When updating an engagement, regardless of what’s been updated, the Remote State/Remote City/Remote County were nullified. This has been resolved. Moving forward, when updating an engagement with values unrelated to worksite, remote information will no longer be affected or show on the activity feed.
- When updating a worker’s pay rate on the Pay Rate Adjustment form, the new offer will be sent to the worker for review and acknowledgment only after the user selects Send Offer and clicks the “Ok” blue confirmation button.
- We’ve made the following fixes on the Order Details page:
- When searching for certain talents, users faced an error message. We’ve resolved those edge cases
- We’ve updated a notification message when an offer is retracted. The word “Offer” was previously missing
- Hiring Managers can no longer click on a worker’s action item
- Users will no longer be allowed to add talent to closed orders
- A talent who has already been Suggested by the system cannot be submitted to the order
- Order details are now aligned evenly with spaces
- We’ve updated the wording of “Sourced Date” on the candidate details section
- All company custom fields are now showing for VMS orders on the Order Details section.
- Tracked worker engagements in Engagement Ended status can now be approved.
- We’ve removed the Additional Notifications on the Order Dashboard for vendor users. Only internal users and client company users have access to Additional Notifications information.
- The Update Candidate form is once again working. Vendor users can now update their candidate’s information.
- Company users were able to see a worker’s benefits brochure on the engagement pusher, but they received an error when they clicked on it. Company users should not have access to a worker’s benefits brochure. Moving forward, they will no longer see the brochure on the engagement pusher.
- If “Option to End Engagement Automatically” setting is Yes for a company, when bulk updating Anticipated End Date for that company, the End Date will now also get updated with it.
- We’ve updated the Form W4 instructions during worker onboarding to reflect the correct years.
- The correct text will now show on the first paragraph of the offer letter based on the company’s prescreen settings and prescreen items.
- On the Company Dashboard page, clicking on a talent’s name from Latest Hires widget opened up the old worker pusher. This has been resolved. When users click on a talent from the widget, the system will now display the new talent pusher.
- On the Must Haves section of the candidate dashboard, the thumbs down icon is once again red, neutral icon is yellow and thumbs up icon is green. Any vendor comments will show below the must have.